The paper 'The Impact of Cellphones on People, Communities, and Organizations' is a perfect example of a research paper on technology.
- Mobile phones have gained increased use in social interactions.
- While previous searches on literature show articles covered the effects of new technologies on society, current studies are limited in terms of focus on mobile phones on various aspects of society.
- Therefore, this study brings out the impacts of cellphones on people, communities, and organizations
- To examine the impact of cellphones on the social life of people
- To find out the impact of cellphones on people’s culture
- To investigate the impact of cellphones on society’s education and health
- How do cellphones influence the social life of people?
- What impact do cellphones have on people’s culture?
- How do cellphones impact the education and health of society?
Significance of the study
- Helps society to adopt and embrace new technologies to alter interactions and create a whole new social landscape.
- Helps counselors and mobile phone users to improve connections with family and friends
- Academicians can understand changes in interpersonal relationships
Literature review and hypothesis development
- There is a relationship between new technologies, social groups, the body and fashion
- Normative social interaction is influenced by technology
Emergencies and safety
- Cellphone offer chance to call for help in emergency cases
Education and health
- Encourages bullying and cheating in exams
- Dangerous precedent as patients learn to avoid personal interactions
- Social Penetration Theory
- Constructivist Learning Theory
H1: Cellphones do not influence the social life of people
H2: Cellphones have the least impact on people’s culture
H3: Cellphones have no impact on education and health of society
- Qualitative research design
- 100 questionnaires administered to residents of Croydon, East Canberra
- Respondents were chosen based on convenience sampling of the subjects
- Descriptive statistics used and data presented in tables and graphs
- Attributes and measures used Likert scales
Summary of findings
- The popular brand used by the respondents was iPhone
- Cellphones help family and friends to stay in touch
- Cellphones provide time-saving capabilities and facilitate access to information among people.
- Cellphones accustom people to delayed and brief communication
- Cellphones aid in speech difficulties by facilitating text-to-speech capabilities
- Cellphones increase cheating during college or high school examinations
- Cellphones should have built-in functions to measure blood sugar, pulse rate, and other health indicators
- There is a need for more face-to-face communication
- Cellphone use should be banned during examinations
- Cellphones should help in reconciling communities
Conclusion and implications
- Cellphones are increasing in use and thus impact on society with regard to social lives, culture, and education and health
- Cellphones pose difficulty for the users to disconnect from the demands of the workplace
- This implies that face-to-face communications have given way to cellphone communication
- people have a strong desire to communicate on a daily basis using less financial resources